Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stage #1

I wake up every morning thinking to myself that if I was just one year older, than i would be one year closer to coming to my dream.
What's my dream then?
I have no damn idea.

I mean, I have choices:
-Author
-Artist
-Fashion Designer
-Wedding Planner

So many jobs that I can go for in the zooming future but so far, none of them has struck me as 'the job'.
So school's supposed to be the place where we discover our passion, our hobbies, our past, our present and our future.
So far, i've discovered my passion, my hobby, my past and my present but my future literally is still a blurry and foggy path. A road where I'm scared to start walking down because I don't know the consequences.
I'm Asian.
Being Asian means that we don't like taking chances. We only like to do what we know will pay off..we're cheap sakes that never spend excess money. Sure, i'm semi white washed but that doesn't mean that my Asian background isn't still lurking in my soul.
[deja vu moment!]

School, for me, is a place where i learn, where i make friends, where i complain about how being a teen is a stroke of bad luck, where i become a teachers pet for favourite teachers. School's a sanctuary at times, especially when we don't know about the society outside.

But you know what? If we don't venture out into the society some day, we're just going to be more vulnerable to getting hurt, getting used and getting looked down upon.
No one wants that to happen to them. Especially me. I'm not going to stand around while everyone else is climbing the ladder of success while I haven't even taken one rung under my foot yet.
So that's why, school's an ASS. But then again, school is never that bad of a thing.
I guess school's only bad if you're like me and want to enter into the society soon.
My cousins who just finished college and is working now said to me that you don't want to leave school once you've been into reality.

So they might be right. Who knows? I don't that's for certain. But this happens to everyone.

From a baby, you want to learn to be able to walk followed by speaking. After you can walk you want to be able to run and after you're able to start speaking you want to be singing. Once you can run and you can sing, you want to be able to think. You want to be able to make your own decisions and be left alone by your parents to talk to your friends or do whatever it is you want to do. After that, you begin to wonder what life outside of being protected by. And that's where I am now.

Think about it.