Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pressure for Life . . .

Everyone gets pressured by their parents. It's normal and it's always happening.
Pressure can lead to tension and can lead to fights and arguments and even to a cold war.

I for one, absolutely hate pressure. It kills my confidence, my mood at the time and almost everything else.

"S, you need to stop focusing your mind on the internet, your phone and your iPod. You need to start focusing on studying, making friends, gaining connections and practicing your PSAT/SAT/ACT's."

BULL. SHIT.

So I know I need to focus on studying.
And I do.
So I know I need to focus on making friends.
And I do.
So I know I need to focus on gaining connections.
And I DON'T. <<< I don't want to use others just so I can succeed in my life. I don't want to go through the back door like how other people are willing to. I don't want to be bitched behind the back as the girl that took the easy way. So my parents (Asians at that also) are like that. I'm NOT. And I don't WANT to be like that. They can't force me into using people I call my friends as connections. It's NOT going to happen.
So I focus on practicing my SAT's or whatever.
And I WILL.

I know my priorities and I know how to set them straight. Why the hell do I need my parents to do it for me?! I live my life and they can live theirs. Sure, their the ones that gave me my life but after awhile, you HAVE to stop using that same argument over, and over again! It's getting OLD mum. Chill OUT.

I can have fun and study at the same time. I can have a boyfriend and keep up my grades at the same time. I can hang out with my friends and be able to get all my homework done. I can do it all. I can multitask.
So watch me.
Watch me do it and watch me prove to you that you can stop being so hard-core on your daughter and CHILL OUT while I get into the school of my dreams and while I get my college diploma and while I get the job of my dreams, while I get a good and strong husband. Watch it all mum and please, watch it from the side lines...FOR ONCE.