Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Being in a Relationship

There's always a up and down side for everything. Especially when you're in a relationship. Everything is always getting exaggerated to the extremity and sometimes, people can't deal with that and they just end up breaking it off without thinking twice about it.

But why are you breaking it off? Why are you finding it hard to deal with that other person? Didn't you just think of him as your soul mate a few days or weeks or months ago? Why the sudden change of attitude? Why the sudden change of perspective?

I can think of a few scenarios that explains and answers those questions. I've been through some myself and I'm all about sharing my thoughts and experiences.

I've once had an online friend who, I thought, had feelings for me, even if they weren't as strong as mine were. So I did the unthinkable and asked him out. I was actually expecting a straight forward answer as no. But, unfortunately, it was a yes. He said yes, wouldn't that mean that he loved/liked me back? Was I wrong to think that way? I ask myself that question everyday of every hour whenever my mind creeps back to him. I thought he was 'the one'. I guess I was way to naive for m own good.

3rd day into the relationship and I found out, or he told me, that he never saw me anymore than a friend.

It hurt.

The person who I thought was 'the one' never liked me at all. I felt betrayed, broken and hurt. As would everyone in my shoes.

So I said to myself that I'll never love another again, especially since the relationship was through the internet, and Facebook of all sites.

But then, not long ago, less than a month, his best friend asked me out. I didn't quite know what to say. I felt like I was being cheated. I only just broke up with that guy less than half a year ago and yet, here was his best friend, telling me that he had feelings for me and thought that I was special.

Everyone in my shoes would've felt the same way as I was then: lost, confused and most of all, taken aback.
I didn't even know that guy!

I didn't know anything about him.

Unlike me who put everything on Facebook (real information too), he doesn't. He writes wall posts under a false name, he has a fake birthday.

It wasn't even until today, did I bother to speak to him about it.

I was hesitant. It was because of me needing to be truthful to his friend that ruined and ended the relationship so I didn't know where to begin. I never knew that telling the truth had its consequences also. I had learnt that.

So today I told him my feelings, my thoughts and my insecurities. And so we started to get to know each other. His real name, his DOB.

It means a lot to me that he is, for once, being truthful to me.

So even though I don't quite think of him as my 'the one' he is, I believe, another way of learning. Of learning what to do, what not to do in a relationship.

A word of advice: love as if it's the last time you will love. But never love so much as to forget who you are and throw away yourself.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you will once you're in a relationship.