Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Good Book

What is a good book?

Is a good book a book that you enjoy? A book you can relate to? A book that changes your perspective on life?

I have an answer: a book that can make you feel anger, saddess and pain when you're following the character throughout the whole story.

Because I'm reading a good book right now.

Don't know how many people know about it. It's called the Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I've never read any of his other books but just from reading this one book of his (despite it not being my genre - I HAVE TO READ IT FOR SCHOOL!) I know that he's a great writer.

To those that don't know what I'm talking about I'll give you a brief summary of what I read so far which is no more than 100 pages but still, I've got a pretty good insight so far.

It's about a boy before the Taliban named Amir who is the son of a wealthy father. He and his father have a very thin relationship because he was being blamed that he had killed his mother because of his birth. He has a loyal friend that he considers more of a brother in private but a servant in public; his name is Hassan. They've been friends since birth.

In Afghanistan, there's a tradition of kite flying. But obviously not the hobby kind. Kite flying is a game there. It's where the opponents try to cut off the kite using glass string. So after a game (that's usually during the winter) his friend, Amir's friend, Hassan got raped. By a BOY.

And he was just there...watching it all happen.



So now, after page 75, every time I read about anything related to that incident, I always end up having to control my tears. Because it's so horrible.

They were only 12!

They were so young yet they were getting raped by someone their own age....And the person that rapped him actually ENJOYED IT. What kind of a person is that?! And what kind of a person is Amir for just standing there and WATCHING as if it was a SHOW?!

Their not friends.

Amir isn't a friend. He'll never be a good friend. Because he doesn't do what a good friend does and that is: defending. He just stood there...and why did he just stand there?!

BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED!


___________________________________________________________

This book is nice.

But I'm starting to hate it. I don't like books like the Kite Runner. I like easy going books, books that don't talk about a 12 year old kid getting raped by a person his own age that is the same gender and his so called friend isn't just standing there and watching with his fist in his mouth!

I like romance. I like comedy. I like adventure.

I dislike dark. I disliked these books!

I don't know how long I can read this book for....I can't stand it and I'm not even half way through the book! I can't stand it...I can't bear it!!!



Why did my school choose for us to read this book....why...