Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Monday, November 7, 2011

KPOP

If I said I didn't like Korean music and I was Asian, so many people would think that I'm crazy.

Because KPOP is so likeable. The idols (talking about male idols) are hot. They have a good body, a great voice and a heartbreaking personality to go with it. The female idols are too thin for reality, they have a sweet smile and an equally sweet melody in their songs.

I'm sure many people know the most famous idols. Below is a list. I might've missed some but...then again, there are too many idol groups these days.

So, here I go:

Older Gen. Male Idols:
  • Big Bang
  • Super Junior
  • TVXQ/JYJ
  • 2PM
  • MBLAQ
  • SHINee
  • CN Blue
  • FT Island
  • U-Kiss
  • 2AM
  • Rain
  • JYP
  • BEAST
Younger Gen. /Rookies Male Idols:
  • Teen Top
  • Infinite
  • Block B
  • Boyfriend
  • M.I.B
  • ZE:A
Older Gen. Female Idols:
  • Girls Generation
  • f(x)
  • Wonder Girls
  • 2NE1
  • 4minute
  • After School
  • G.NA
  • KARA
  • BoA
So obviously I don't know as much female idols as male. But hey, I'm a girl so I naturally care about male idols more than females.

But still....KPOP has taken a toll in the world. Everyone knows.

And being me, who had liked KPOP since Feb 2010 when KPOP still wasn't as big of a sensation as it is now, I consider that KPOP really became popular because of SHINee's 2nd Album, Lucifer. Their song was a huge hit. They became popular so quickly that you could say "bingo" and you still wouldn't be able to reach the same quickness. It was that ridiculous. But I was a fan of SHINee then and so, I didn't think about it much.

But I know KPOP became so famous because of SHINee's comeback.

Still though, to say that KPOP became so famous was ALL because of SHINee is a stretch in the truth. Because I'm sure that before SHINee, everyone had a vague idea of who DBSK (Dong Bang Shin Ki)/TVXQ and Super Junior or Big Bang is. They're the kings of KPOP (including Bi Rain, a solo artist that recently joined the Korean army for time).
They shaped KPOP the way it is now and every day of every second, the are the ones that make the biggest impact on everyone. When they have a comeback, whether in Korean or Japanese, it's always huge, it's always massive and everyone is always talking about it.

Needless to say that their management group, SM Entertainment did a good job in choosing the individual members of each group.



__

No one knows me well enough but I'm definitely not the type of person to follow the crowd. So as KPOP is slowly gaining popularity, my love for it is slowly decreasing. Don't get me wrong though, I definitely still follow KPOP. I still download the songs but I've stopped fangirling.

The only time I fangirl now is if my favourite artist is making a comeback or there is some news about them. Favourite artist right now is MBLAQ so I'm excited for their new album! Or mini album. Not sure which!

__

KPOP is the thing right now.
But I'm not so sure if it's the thing for me.

Who knows...only time will tell!