Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog, beingateen!
This is S and it's nice of you to visit! Feel free to comment, to debate, to argue, to do anything (just no bashing please...this blog is solely based on my experiences and my thoughts so i hope that it'll be respected).
enjoyy and thank youu

P a g e s ~ !

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Importance of Failure

A lot of my friends hate failing. They hate failing because they dislike the feeling of it, because they're scared that they'll feel inferior to others that succeed and because they just don't want that failure tainting their page. Everyone hates the feeling of failing- I do too, as much as any human. But when you think about failing and you can smile at the sheer thought of it happening, when you think of your past failures (whether they were big or small) and you can smile and go, "I failed" and when you believe that failing is a good thing, that's when you know you're one step closer to maturity, adulthood and life morals. I dislike failing: but that is because of the culture and traditions that I was raised in. I'm Asian. Hence, my parents don't like failing (my mother especially). She likes to do things right the first time and she has imposed those values onto me and my younger sister. But I've grown away and out of her values. I'm a teenager now, I follow my own rules and my own rules only. I experiment with things that my parents would hate me doing (relationships, friendships, school) but who cares? I learnt long, long ago that at my age, or as a teenager/young adult, everything you do will fail at some point in time. Look at the statistics, relationships in high school don't last (at least the majority of them)- that's failing. Friendships in primary school and high school never last (majority of them once again)- that's failing. School grades go up and down depending on how much time and energy you put into it- that's half failing. There are so many things in life that we fail at doing. But humans are so up themselves. They're too self confident, too ignorant to understand that to fail isn't a burden, but it may be your asset and it would be an even bigger asset if you admitted your failure and confronted it, rather than hide or shy away from it. I reflect back on my relationships- I think about what I failed at doing, what I failed at making the relationship last. And now, in this relationship, I'm doing everything I can to stop myself from making the same mistakes (but that is easier said that done, regardless, it's better to be trying right?). I know that in the end, I will fail again but when I look at it, rather than thinking that I failed another relationship, lost another friendship, I think that I have gained some valuable experience and lessons from something I failed at doing. Because believe it or not, failing is more than just a feeling- it's an experience. An experience that makes you mature, it makes you think about life in a different point of view and it makes you become more self confident in yourself the next time you 'fail'. So stop thinking that failing is not allowed- it's more than allowed, it's encouraged even! Failing...